Monongahela River Recreation & Commerce
Noon - 7 July 2011
Morgantown Airport Annex (Administration Building)
The Monongahela River Recreation & Commerce
Committee ("MRRCC") promotes the conservation of the
Monongahela River and provides counsel to the public and the
business community in their pursuits for both economic
development and recreational activities that utilize the
The Monongahela River in a Changing Nation by Bill Wyant
- Welcome and Introduction including Vision for Upper
Monongahela River. Barry Pallay, Chair, MRRCC
- Review of Army Corps of Engineers Activities in WV and
Morgantown including recreational usage and downturn in
commercial lockages. Tentative – Curt Meeder, Chief,
Planning and Environment, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE).
- Flushing of Trash Through the Lock and Dams in
Morgantown. Tentative-Bob Smith, USACOE.
- Update on Community and County Effort to Pick Up Mon
River or Watershed Trash . Tim Terman ; and Anthony Giambrone,
liter control, Mon County.
- Update on Dunkard Creek Fish and Mussel Kill, Restoration
and Golden Algae. Frank Jernejcic, WV DNR, Fisheries Biologist.
- Update on Fishing Tournaments and other Festivals Along the
Mon River. Jim Matuga, WV Bass Federation; and the Convention and
Visitors Bureau, speaker TBA.
- Update on remediation of Quality Glass site along Mon
River and Star City involvement. Ella Belling, Mon River Trails
Conservancy (MRTC) and Allen Sharp, Mayor, Star City.
- Update on Northern West Virginia access points for boats and
canoes/kayaks. Frank Jernejcic, WV DNR.
- Pennsylvania River Town Program: Mon River Activities.
Ella Belling, MRTC and PA speaker TBA.
- Update on river front development at Granville. TBA.
- Update on 2 plays being developed locally relating to the
Mon River and Dunkard Creek
Fish Rising by Kathy Cash