January 12, 2007
Greater Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce
Allamong, CVF Paula Martinelli, GMCT
Cybulski, CVF Kevin McClung, City of Fairmont
Duperre, Waterfront Hotel Barry Pallay, MCDA
Hardy, PA Envir. Coucil Peggy Pings, NPS
Jamieson, S& J Don Strimbeck, UMRA
Frank Jernejcic, DNR Brenda Walker, CVF Ralph LaRue,
Mon River Summit Update
- Patrick Donovan will be the morning
speaker but will not be able to stay for lunch.
- Frank spoke with a friend regarding Gov.
Manchin's attendance. Feels the Governor will do all he
can to attend.
- Ralph is still working on getting someone
- Kristian suggested Bob Corker, the
ex-mayor. Haven't got in touch with anyone from Marietta
- Added recreation to the environmental
- Frank reminded that we must keep the Corps
involved in all aspects of the summit.
- We do not do know, as yet, who will do the
recap or who could act as a backup for the Governor.
- Matt will be talking to Scott Rotruck.
Dean Orr has offered to speak on any topic we suggest.
- Hannah contacted former Pittsburgh Mayor,
Tom Murphy. He may not be in the country but is
interested if it works out.
- We need to consider AV costs this year.
- Budget: So far, UMRA offered $500.00. Joe
noted that we should put more emphasis on sponsorship
this year. Paula suggested we charge more for tables but
it was agreed that we need to build our critical mass of
- Paula has a list of PR names and
addresses, including PA, and will forward to Matt.
A committee is actively working on this project which
might take place in July. The Pgh. Motorboat regatta will not
take place this year. Wheeling did one last September but Ralph
noted that the viewshed is better than what we could provide.
Speed is a great factor when determining the possibility of
having a regatta.
BIG Dock Update
- Gangplank delivered. Expecting to get the
dock very soon.
- Star City received approval from the
- Marina restaurant will not be open as
planned in February.
- Parry has decided on a lease arrangement.
- The Shell building is up. The downstairs
of the Marina is more than 80 percent complete.
- 180 ft of dock coming for crew team
- Need to pour the walkway from the trail to
- Projects moving forward.
- Would like to have the Corps open the lock
wall for fishing in Westover. It would be the equivalent
of building a $1 million pier.
- Looking for funding for the update and the
- Meeting to review and document the changes
for the updated brochure is January 19 at Peggy's office
in Percival Hall.
Meeting February 9th, 9am
at the Chamber.