Friday March 9, 2007 9:00 a.m.
Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce
Cybulski Ralph LaRue David Weaver Barry Pallay
Venable Frank Jernejcic Brad Allamong Chuck Joseph
Strimbeck Brenda Walker Paula Martinelli
- Minutes &bull Ralph motioned to
approve the minutes as presented, Barry seconded. The
minutes were approved unanimously.
- Gayle Manchin
Wally mentioned that she is experienced in river matters.
- Community Action has been very important
to the river.
- Requesting $1500 and do a raffle at the
end of the day.
- The request is with their corporate office
for now. They're still thinking of doing a demonstration,
but it may not be fly fishing. Kayaking isn't a big part
of their business, so they may do something else.
- Wally suggested they discuss Modem 4 Cycle
- They're promoting increased environmental
awareness with a number of products; this could be their
focus rather than fly fishing.
- Ralph will get Jim Bowen's (Chattanooga)
information so Matt can send info. from last year's
Summit and this year's.
- Panel Members
- Frank has 7 people committed for Break-Out
- Frank has a Conservation Officer for
Break-Out Session 1.
- David and Matt will formulate a letter to
get the Corps' Huntington rep to the summit.
- David and Frank will bring projectors and
laptops for the break-out sessions.
- Matt will mention to the First Lady's
staff that we will have PowerPoint capabilities in case
she wants to use it.
- Since Patrick Donovan will need to leave
at 9:45 a.m., he will speak after Brad's welcome. Brad
will give the recap and summary after Patrick speaks so
he can get on the road.
- Matt will talk to Jim Matuga about
stories, ad space etc. It would also be a good idea to
see if Jim could get some of his businesses that deal
with water and the river to give some sponsorship to the
F. Web Payment
- We will not do web payment for this year's
summit. Ralph suggested that we talk to Mel at Ralph's
office for next year. .
III. Other Business
A. Ralph's update:
- Marina construction is moving slowly.
- Docks have arrived for crew team.
- Ralph is working on the lease agreement
- The fountain is assembled and ready to be
put into the river.
- Big docks are in and will be installed
once the current is calm.
- Star City has their docks and will get
them installed shortly.
- Matt will contact the WV Roundtable to
invite them to the Summit.
- The next meetings will be held on March 23rd
and April 6th at 9:00 a.m. at the Morgantown
Area Chamber of Commerce.
- With no further business, the meeting
adjourned at 10:30 a.m.