October 14, 2005
Brad Allamong, Chamber, G. Thomas Bartlett,
UMRA, Ro Brooks, MAC, Dennis Groce, Pt Marion, Evan Hanson,
Friends of Deckers Creek, Kristian Jamieson, Steptoe &
Johnson, Frank Jernejcic, WVDNR, Ralph S. LaRue, BOPARC, Paula
Martinelli, GMCT, Jessie Reckart, Chamber, Don Strimbeck, UMRA,
Wally Venable, UMRA, Diane Watson, Pt. Marion, David Weaver,
- Wally noted that Pittsburgh may lose 10 %
of their manpower to New Orleans as well as a portion of
- Steering Committee needs to endorse
language for acquiring new Corps money to be used toward
some type of regular operation of the locks in our area.
- Brad mentioned that Stacey Brodak from the
Convention and Visitors Bureau included printing of
the water trail map in her request for tourism dollars.
- Scott Rotruck will talk with Mollohan this
weekend regarding the Mon Summit.
- Need to complete addendum for steering
committee updates for the bylaws.
- Boat Tour is scheduled for November 5th
with the 12th as a raindate. Boat capacity is 15 to 20.
Wally wants to make sure that the event is videotaped so
that clips might be shown at the summit.
- Pt. Marion docks are expected to be in
place sometime next summer. They are talking to
contractors. Still need a company to do the piling work.
River Salvage would like other work if they are bringing
the pile driver into the area.
- David reported that DMJM is under contract
with the city to do ADA sidewalk and structural work for
the Morgantown dock. (just to the right of the stage
toward Walnut Street.
- Allegheny Power upgraded all power toward
the Westover bridge and the amphitheater but not the
- Through the Boating and Infrastructure
Grant (BIG), Star City and Morgantown could get $50,000
- Still need money for the boat docks
- General permit issued for the Marina
project however there is not, as yet, an expected start
- Next meeting is on November 11 at 9am.
Revised bylaws will need to be approved.